Monday, November 22, 2010

Rainy Rainy Day

I look outside my window and I all I see is rain.  Everything is wet.  While I walk across my lawn, I hear the earth squish beneath my feet.  It's like walking on a sponge and with each step I am wringing out my lawn.  Even though I am used to dreary northwest weather, I do cherish the fact that it is perfect for tea drinking.  I have the kettle on the stove and wait impatiently for the whistle to scream at me.  My Early Grey Cream lays vulnerable within the infuser, soon to be drowned in my boiling water.  The black leaves with lavender and mallow will give themselves to the water, so that I might warm my soul with their wondrous flavors.  After the water is poured and the timer is set, I pace the kitchen giddy with anticipation.  I have longed for this moment all day and now it is just moments away.  I finally pour my tea and sit in my favorite chair by the window.  I inhale the flavors of bergamot and take that first sip.  I feel the warmth spread into my tummy.  I feel home.  I look outside the window and now the rain is not quite so depressing.  I see it glisten in the puddles.  I see it drip from the beautiful gold and amber leaves.  I see children playing hide and seek with the drops that fall from the edge of their ladybug umbrellas.  Tea has made the world beautiful to me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment